Saturday, January 04, 2014

Resolved

I'm not really a resolution maker. I couldn't even tell you the last time I made new year's resolutions. But, I can look back at my journals for the last 20 years and see that I've had many of the same goals for all these years...live a healthier life, grow closer to God, be a better wife and mom. They have been, and will always be I suppose, my objectives in life. And over the last 20 years, I have become healthier (in some ways) and closer to God (in many ways) and a better wife and mom (most days). I admit that when I found 1995's journal and read what I'd written, I was discouraged. Really?! I STILL haven't reached those goals?! I'm STILL trying to be that person?! But I've come to realize that as long as I live, I will strive to meet those goals. I will always want to be healthier and holier and better. It's not a bad thing to have the same goals every year. Because will I ever be the best I can be? Not until Heaven. And if I can be just a little bit better as time goes by, I'll be happy.

So hello, 2014. Welcome to the world. I can't wait to see what adventures we'll share.

1 comment:

Ada said...

i feel the same way.
i too have had many same goals. only mine are more "ada". get skinny. get rich. get famous.
just kidding. mostly.

but you are exactly right (like always). those things you just strive for your whole life. who wouldn't want to be a better mom. unless your our mom which in that case your goal has been met.

i am also welcoming 2014. and i hope to be better.

xoxo